Salary: Appropriate rate dependant on skills/qualifications – to be discussed prior to appointment. Overtime offered
Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5pm
Saturday mornings on a rota or as required basis, classed as overtime
We are recruiting for a fully qualified Vehicle Technician/Vehicle Mechanic from our busy family orientated independent garage.
Light vehicle mechanic/technician position working within a busy and reputable garage with a strong work ethic and reputation. Attention to detail and customer focus are essential.
- Carrying out servicing, repairs and maintenance to high standards.
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Inspect and prepare vehicles for appropriate DVSA MOT test
- Maintaining equipment and making sure tools are in good condition.
- Undertake vehicle recovery as/when required during recognised working hours.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- Fully qualified (NVQ Level 3, City and Guilds) in Light Vehicle Maintenance and solid work experience in the automotive industry.
- The ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on your own or part of a busy team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to carry out work to high standards and meet necessary any deadlines.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to accurately follow written and spoken instructions.
- A full driving licence.
To be part of our organisation going forward, please apply in writing including your personal details and a copy of your CV to